In part 2 of this conversation around succession planning for business owners, we discuss the importance of ensuring a smooth transition and continued success of their businesses through leadership development, identifying successors, financial structuring, and planning for owners’ retirements and next chapters.
In this episode of the Building Wealthy Habits Podcast, we bring you part 2 of the conversation around succession planning. Randy, Laura and Jeremiah discuss the importance of succession planning for business owners and emphasize starting early and identifying potential successors. Succession plans should ensure the business continues successfully and provides financial incentives for existing owners. The team stressed involving advisors like attorneys and accountants. They also said planning for retirement and one’s next chapter is key to a smooth leadership transition.
This week on Building Wealthy Habits:
- Succession planning for business owners. (0:00)
- Business succession planning and its impact on employees and revenue. (3:29)
- Succession planning for family businesses. (9:50)
- Planning and leadership in family-owned businesses. (12:16)
- Exit strategies for business owners. (15:02)
Connect with Randy:
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rkbarkley/
- Email: Randy@tricordadvisors.com
Connect with Jeremiah:
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeremiahjlee/
- Email: Jeremiah@tricordadvisors.com
Connect with Laura:
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/laura-lee-59a83610/
- Email: Laura@tricordadvisors.com
This content is developed from sources believed to be providing accurate information. The information provided is not written or intended as tax or legal advice and may not be relied on for purposes of avoiding any Federal tax penalties. Individuals are encouraged to seek advice from their own tax or legal counsel. Individuals involved in the estate planning process should work with an estate planning team, including their own personal legal or tax counsel. Neither the information presented nor any opinion expressed constitutes a representation by us of a specific investment or the purchase or sale of any securities. Asset allocation and diversification do not ensure a profit or protect against loss in declining markets. This material was developed and produced by Advisor Websites to provide information on a topic that may be of interest.