In this episode of the Building Wealthy Habits Podcast we cover Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs) from retirement accounts.
In this episode of the Building Wealthy Habits Podcast we cover Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs) from retirement accounts. We discuss calculating RMD amounts based on account balances and the flexibility in distributing amounts across accounts. Inheritance rules are explained, noting that spouses can stretch distributions but non-spouses get 10 years to empty accounts. We also mention Qualified Charitable Distributions as a tax strategy to reduce income from RMDs.
This week on Building Wealthy Habits:
- Retirement accounts and required minimum distributions.
- Retirement account RMDs and tax implications.
- RMDs and charitable distributions for retirement accounts.
- RMDs, inherited IRAs, and tax implications.
- RMDs and inherited IRAs.
Connect with Jeremiah:
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeremiahjlee/
- Email: Jeremiah@tricordadvisors.com
Connect with Laura:
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/laura-lee-59a83610/
- Email: Laura@tricordadvisors.com
This content is developed from sources believed to be providing accurate information. The information provided is not written or intended as tax or legal advice and may not be relied on for purposes of avoiding any Federal tax penalties. Individuals are encouraged to seek advice from their own tax or legal counsel. Individuals involved in the estate planning process should work with an estate planning team, including their own personal legal or tax counsel. Neither the information presented nor any opinion expressed constitutes a representation by us of a specific investment or the purchase or sale of any securities. Asset allocation and diversification do not ensure a profit or protect against loss in declining markets. This material was developed and produced by Advisor Websites to provide information on a topic that may be of interest.